View Full Version : Aaron Thomas - SF

Muskie
05-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Position: Small forward
High School: Cincinnati (OH) Aiken
AAU: Queen City Prophets
Class: 2011 (High School)

Interest:
Cincinnati, Dayton, Ohio St., Xavier, and Wright St.

Tas 101
07-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Update from Jody Demling's Blog from Hoop Fest...

"There's a new name on the radar for Indiana University fans.

It's still early in the recruiting process - and interest from the Hoosiers - but Indiana coach Tom Crean and his staff have expressed interest to try and get involved with Cincinnati Western Hills high-scoring guard Aaron Thomas.

The 6-foot-4 Thomas is playing with the Queen City Prophets in the Eddie Ford Kentucky HoopFest and confirmed the Hoosiers' interest.

"They have called and they are very interested in getting to know me," Thomas said. "I know a little bit about there right now, but not a lot. It's still early."

Thomas, who averaged 15 points a game on the varsity level as a sophomore, said Xavier has been showing the most interest. He's also heard from Ohio State and Cincinnati.

"I'm good at the mid-range jump shot and I can go to the rack," Thomas said. "I'm just trying to get better. I do like Xavier, I went to their camp and all. I just want to see."

therick44
07-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Aaron has got so much upside, but he has a long way to go before he's worthy of an offer in my opinion. I do think he will get there though. He needs to become a more complete player as opposed to an athlete who gets off for 15-20 every once in a while. This would involve improving his shot and ballhandling. He also needs to learn how to play defense.

therick44
07-13-2009, 01:22 AM
Aaron scored 30+ twice at the end of the week in Louisville.

Created a big-time buzz with the coaches in attendance. The funny thing is I talked to him hours after he got back at the Deveroes league Saturday and after he was talking about those games I asked him how many the guy he guarded scored... He laughed and told me they played a zone, but he's working on his defense so I won't be able to make fun of him anymore about it.