PDA

View Full Version : "Roadhouse" alert

Fred Garvin
04-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Just coming on AMC following "Wolf." Kelly Lynch and Jeff Healey. Also, Sam Elliott in his best role other than the sublime "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man."

They just don't make them like they used to.

Fred Garvin
04-30-2009, 01:41 PM
5 minutes in and Dalton has discovered they are selling drugs out of the bar. I get the feeling fisticuffs are imminent.

Fred Garvin
04-30-2009, 01:43 PM
JH: "Man, this joint is worth than that toilet we worked in Dayton."

Hilarious.

DC Muskie
04-30-2009, 01:52 PM
I love this movie.

Do you like horses?

As long as they like me?

Wouldn't steal them would you?

It's not the money of course, but if I don't charge you something, the Presbyterians would be upset. How's a $100?

Well if it keeps you in the good graces of the church...

Funny how money always seems to do that.

xnatic03
04-30-2009, 02:01 PM
I love how he rips out the guy's throat. It reminds me of a Mortal Kombat fatality move.

American X
04-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Also, Sam Elliott in his best role other than the sublime "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man."

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news_img/6869/6869.jpg

"Are you sure I'm in that movie, dude?"

xnatic03
04-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Just coming on AMC following "Wolf." Kelly Lynch and Jeff Healey. Also, Sam Elliott in his best role other than the sublime "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man."

They just don't make them like they used to.

Oh come on....you don't like his role in "Ghost Rider"? (Totally kidding of course).

Fred Garvin
04-30-2009, 02:06 PM
Interesting, Dalton is reading Jim Harrison. The previous film was "Wolf" and that is a very, very loose adaptation of Harrison's memoir of the same name.
Dalton reads Harrison and does yoga. This is one enlightened bouncer. They really fleshed out this character.

Also, Ben Gazzara is a god.

Fred Garvin
04-30-2009, 02:12 PM
http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news_img/6869/6869.jpg

"Are you sure I'm in that movie, dude?"

Oops, guess I was thinking of Mickey Rourke. Is that pre-disfigurement?
BTW, caught "Diner" on late night recently. That film is timeless.

PM Thor
04-30-2009, 02:12 PM
JH: "Man, this joint is worth than that toilet we worked in Dayton."

Hilarious.

One of, if not the, best lines in moviemaking history.

I HATE dayton.

Fred Garvin
04-30-2009, 02:19 PM
I think that was an uncredited Ted Levine(Buffalo Bill). He was terrific in "Georgia."

My doctor is a woman. And I gotta tell ya I'm getting shortchanged if most female doctors look like Kelly Lynch.

Fred Garvin
04-30-2009, 02:22 PM
"Everybody pay?"

"Does a hobbyhorse have a wooden dick?"

Fred Garvin
04-30-2009, 02:45 PM
I've swithced to The Sopranos on A&E(pseudo)HD. It is the standout "Pine Barrens" episode where they hunt in the snow for The Russian.

Love the absurd editing for language. Because it is so natural for ruthless killers to say "freakin'."

Kahns Krazy
04-30-2009, 03:54 PM
I'd like to subcribe to your "FredTV" blog.

Can you podcast that? Or twitter?

Raoul Duke
05-01-2009, 08:34 AM
I've swithced to The Sopranos on A&E(pseudo)HD. It is the standout "Pine Barrens" episode where they hunt in the snow for The Russian.

Love the absurd editing for language. Because it is so natural for ruthless killers to say "freakin'."

Best Sopranos episode ever. He's some kind of Czechoslovakian interior decorator.

Smails
05-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Not verbatim but a great line from that episode was...Rank don't matter right now Paulie, we're just a couple of assholes in the woods!

Also don't sleep on Sam Elliotts's performance in Tombstone..

Locke from Lost: "What about you, you used to be a law man"
Sam Elliott: "I'm busy"

Pablo's Brother
05-02-2009, 04:18 PM
One of, if not the, best lines in moviemaking history.

I HATE dayton.

I thought of you when I was watching this. Had to be Tim's.