PDA

View Full Version : The Jimmy Binnie Test

XU Fan
01-26-2008, 06:30 PM
There is an easy way to assess how good a team is and how deep its bench is. You simply perform the Jimmy Binnie Test. That involves checking the roster to see if Jimmy Binnie is a starter. If he is, then your team isn't very good and you have no depth.

Binnie's stats are underwhelming to say the least, but one thing that caught my eye is that he is shooting 52.6% from the FT line this year. That is poor of course, but he is only 10-19 for the season. He starts and averages 25 minutes a game, and Dayton has played 17 games, and Binnie has shot a mere 19 free throws. By comparison, Xavier forward Derrick Brown averages 26 minutes a game and is 61-78 from the line this year (78.2%). Binnie has scored 95 points this year, which is only 34 more than Brown has from the stripe alone. Obviously you don't need that sort of analysis to know that Brown is far superior to Binnie, and that is not my argument, but I would think that probably just about any starting forward in the A10 is better than Binnie. I enjoyed his scoreless performance against Xavier. That is two in a row for Binnie. If Dayton has to rely on him to win games, with Little and Wright out, they aren't going to win many games.

Snipe
01-26-2008, 09:54 PM
For your information Binnie played well tonight. He had a field goal in 29 minutes. He was flawless from the line, going 0-0 in the first half alone. He added 0-0 in the second half for a combined 0-0 overall. I want to see you come back to this thread and eat your words on Jimmy Binnie. I heard he also plays the guitar. So how do you like that. Binnie haters are just jealous.

XU Fan
01-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Good point. I retract it all.

I noticed that he got that 3 early in the game. I think it was in the first few minutes. Nothing after that. I don't dislike Binnie. He tries hard and all that, which I respect. He just doesn't have it. X has had players like that before and I understand the deal. I am amazed, though, that he has only attempted 19 free throws in what is now 18 games. It is a strange statistic.

cinskyline
01-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Does Binnie play good defense? I think I know the answer to this but I am wondering.

If he doesn't, I'm not sure why Gregory gives him as many minutes as he does. He really isn't that good.

beatuc
01-26-2008, 10:15 PM
I thought this test was going to be more along the lines of "you know you are Jimmie Binnie when.........................when you look in the mirror and you look like hillbilly dip$hit".

XU Fan
01-26-2008, 10:20 PM
I thought this test was going to be more along the lines of "you know you are Jimmie Binnie when.........................when you look in the mirror and you look like hillbilly dip$hit".

Yes that too. We can change the test.

mr. zimpher
01-27-2008, 03:17 AM

dipsh!t??? who are you calling a dipsh!t? this guy has winner written all over him (underneath the sweet tats on the forearm, i swear it's there). He's the first one from his trailer park to go to college. top that.

Masterofreality
01-27-2008, 10:08 AM
Student Chant:

"Jim-mie Bin-nie, NEVER RATED" clap, clap, clap-clap-clap.

nuts4xu
01-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Jimmie Binnie is the poster child for the kind of big white stiffs dayton has recruited on a regular basis for decades. He also is among the best of the bunch in the Super 6 recruiting class dayton had enter their program 4 years ago (I think only 2 still remain at ud).

Basically he is a typical player for dayton. He is one of many players they have who sucks. You add up all the sucky players dayton has, and it far outweighs the guys like Roberts who doesn't suck. That is one big batch of suck they have there in the Gem City.

DC Muskie
01-28-2008, 10:51 AM
UMass has a Jimmie Binnie on their team. Big white kid who wears 33 and an arm sleeve who can't hit squat.

If we ever have a guy like that, we are in trouble. Never give the number 33 to anyone light skinned who thinks he can hit outside shots.

Lamont Sanford
01-28-2008, 11:36 AM
UMass has a Jimmie Binnie on their team. Big white kid who wears 33 and an arm sleeve who can't hit squat.

If we ever have a guy like that, we are in trouble. Never give the number 33 to anyone light skinned who thinks he can hit outside shots.

DC -

The announcers said that #33 Glass was the POY in New Hampshire last year, I believe. Kid looked a little like Johnny Wolf, but certainly couldn't shoot like JW. I kept yelling at the team through the tv not to even bother guarding him (kinda like there is no need to guard Jimmy Binnie).

DC Muskie
01-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Well if you get the POY from New Hampshire, then you are on to something big. The kid looked a little out of place. Like he should have been back in New Hampshire.

Lloyd Christmas
01-28-2008, 11:56 AM
DC -

The announcers said that #33 Glass was the POY in New Hampshire last year, I believe. Kid looked a little like Johnny Wolf, but certainly couldn't shoot like JW. I kept yelling at the team through the tv not to even bother guarding him (kinda like there is no need to guard Jimmy Binnie).

I thought the announcer said he was POY from Vermont.

Lamont Sanford
01-28-2008, 12:00 PM
Sorry, I didn't hear if it was New Hampshire or Vermont. Kid looked better suited for playing at NKU.

nuts4xu
01-28-2008, 01:13 PM
He was the POY in Vermont (according to the Burlington Free Press....whoever the hell that is).

xeus
01-28-2008, 01:53 PM
He was the POY in Vermont (according to the Burlington Free Press....whoever the hell that is).

nuts, if you ever get the chance, you'd probably really like Burlington, VT.

Mark 3 Pointer
01-29-2008, 09:24 AM
My family owns a place on Lake George in New York... Everytime we go up there we cross the Vermont border and eat at a restaurant called The Dog Team... if you ever happen to be up that way check the place out. It's located on beautiful stream and the entire expierence is very unconventional. You order before you sit down... The apetizer is 'the wheel of relish" and you eat sticky buns BEFORE dinner. It's worth going out of your way if you're up that way...

PS it's the only place in Vermont that is worth visiting.

Here's the website.

http://www.dogteamtavern.com/tradition.htm

XU Fan
01-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Hey let's get back on track here please: Jimmy Binnie is a poor basketball player, but is deftly suited to start for Dayton.

joebba
01-29-2008, 09:27 PM
DC -

Hey Lamont. I used to have a buddy who lived in a Chicago suburb. I had to drive by a Lamont Rd exit. I'd always yell. Lamont ya' big dummy Road!

Cheesehead
01-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Jimmie Binnie should get down on his knees every night and thank sweet Jesus that he has a D-1 ride. No, seriously.

danaandvictory
02-01-2008, 08:34 PM
I saw some charts and graphs somewhere that conclusively indicated Dayton had passed Xavier as a program. Looked indisputable to me. Not sure how Jimmy Binnie fits into this, but I trust the hard data.

JimmyTwoTimes37
01-20-2010, 01:31 PM
For your information Binnie played well tonight. He had a field goal in 29 minutes. He was flawless from the line, going 0-0 in the first half alone. He added 0-0 in the second half for a combined 0-0 overall. I want to see you come back to this thread and eat your words on Jimmy Binnie. I heard he also plays the guitar. So how do you like that. Binnie haters are just jealous.

hahahaha. These older threads are classic!