xufan02
04-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Position: PF
High School: Miller Grove
Home Town: Lithonia, GA
Number: TBD
Height: 6'9
Weight: 200lbs

Schools of interest: Xavier, South Florida, Arkansas, Auburn, Alabama, SMU, Temple, Georgia State

Chris Mack was the lead recruiter for this kid while Sean was head coach. Makc was in GA last week to recruit this kid. I think he might be our first 2010 verbal. He is very similiar to one Derrick Brown out of high school.

http://media.www.redandblack.com/media/storage/paper871/news/2009/04/22/Sports/Basketball.Recruit.Intrigued.By.New.Bulldog.Coachi ng.Staff-3719898.shtml

Backyard Champ
04-26-2009, 01:11 PM
I'm not so sure I agree that he will verbal to us. I think he would be a great get, but in the article it says he is looking to play an up and down game and "None of the stop and slow it down because I just like to run and get up and down the floor." While Mack said he was looking to run a little bit more, I thought he also said we will basically run the same sytem with a little bit more running.

AviatorX
04-26-2009, 01:15 PM
I'm not so sure I agree that he will verbal to us. I think he would be a great get, but in the article it says he is looking to play an up and down game and "None of the stop and slow it down because I just like to run and get up and down the floor." While Mack said he was looking to run a little bit more, I thought he also said we will basically run the same sytem with a little bit more running.

We aren't exactly a slow down team, even under Miller's system.

xunorm
04-27-2009, 07:33 AM
When we are a point guard Miller could trust (Lavender), X was pretty much an up-tempo offensive team that played a slow down defense. When there wasn't a point guard Miller could trust, the offense was very selective.