PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft

golfitup
04-25-2009, 03:10 PM
The nfl draft truly is a ridiculous affair yet I still watch because of all the insane pageantry.

AdamtheFlyer
04-25-2009, 03:31 PM
A definite guilty pleasure.

I really, REALLY don't want Floppy Tits Smith on the Bengals.

Muskie
04-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Andres Smith to the Bengals...

MADXSTER
04-25-2009, 04:00 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........................... .......

GuyFawkes38
04-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Can't stand the draft. It sums up all that's wrong with the NFL.

After watching 10 minutes of hockey today for the first time in 8 years, I've determined that I now like the NHL more than the NFL.

THRILLHOUSE
04-25-2009, 07:20 PM
wow the Bengals are actually having a good draft so far

boozehound
04-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Maualuga was a great value in the 2nd round.

wkrq59
04-26-2009, 01:42 AM
Maualuga was a great value in the 2nd round.

I remember watching Maualuga on several occasions last year when USC was on the tube and I was very impressed by the way he hits. Reminded me of Odell Thurman. Just hope he doesn't have Odell's problems. There is something to be said, too, for putting two USC grads together in the same linebacking corps. They certainly know what each will do. And wasn't Keith Rivers making the defensive calls or at least the front seven calls until that SOB from Pittsburgh gave him a forearm shivver which is now illegal? At least there is enough film on both of the first two picks to see they should be standouts.:D

The Artist
04-26-2009, 10:18 AM
I am boycotting the NFL draft until they change to a rookie contract structure like the NBA.

THRILLHOUSE
04-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Michael Johnson in 3rd round is a good pick too. A bit of a project, but heck of an athlete and a solid pass rusher. Still need to get a Center though.

D-West & PO-Z
04-26-2009, 11:28 AM
I love the NFL Draft. 2 years ago the draft catapulted the Giants into the Super Bowl when the Giants signed all 8 draft picks and had 7 of them contribute all year long and even in the Super Bowl. A good draft can do amazing things for a team.

AdamtheFlyer
04-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Smith - OT
Maualuga - LB
Johnson - DE
Coffman - TE
Luigs - C

Just an unreal first 5 picks for the Bengals. They did everything right. Took a tackle early, had three highly regarded players fall in their lap, and then took a good center. Now they take best available the rest of the way and the experts will have them as one of the best drafts. Drafts are ultimately judged down the road, but the Bengals have done everything right thus far. That's not something that gets said very often.

THRILLHOUSE
04-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Smith - OT
Maualuga - LB
Johnson - DE
Coffman - TE
Luigs - C

Just an unreal first 5 picks for the Bengals. They did everything right. Took a tackle early, had three highly regarded players fall in their lap, and then took a good center. Now they take best available the rest of the way and the experts will have them as one of the best drafts. Drafts are ultimately judged down the road, but the Bengals have done everything right thus far. That's not something that gets said very often.

Completely agree. I went into this weekend expecting a typical Bengals draft of a bunch of reaches, but have been pleasantly surprised. A+ draft in my opinion.:D

D-West & PO-Z
04-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Are you guys happy with Smith or did you want Eugene Monroe? Or did it not matter as long as they took one of them?

danaandvictory
04-26-2009, 01:41 PM
Who are you and what have you done with the Bengals?

And now they address yet another one of their holes by grabbing the best punter in college football.

MuskieCinci
04-26-2009, 02:00 PM
They drafted Kevin Huber in the 5th round, a punter and local kid that I played football with in high school (McNicholas). The other GCL schools can contribute.

AdamtheFlyer
04-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Are you guys happy with Smith or did you want Eugene Monroe? Or did it not matter as long as they took one of them?

Eh. From my extremely amateur eye I wanted Monroe.

Lapham is in love with Smith, and Lapham knows the offensive line. Smith was the best of the bunch while they were actually playing football. He only slid after talking with an agent and leaving the combine on that agent's advice. He fired that agent.

And yeah, he has some tits. Keep Carson upright and his tits can be as big as he wants.

D-West & PO-Z
04-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Eh. From my extremely amateur eye I wanted Monroe.

Lapham is in love with Smith, and Lapham knows the offensive line. Smith was the best of the bunch while they were actually playing football. He only slid after talking with an agent and leaving the combine on that agent's advice. He fired that agent.

And yeah, he has some tits. Keep Carson upright and his tits can be as big as he wants.

Ya, I was just wondering if it came down to Smith and Monroe and they were very similar, why not take the one who didnt have any questions about work ethic (showing up to the combine overweight) and questions about responsibility or whatever you want to call it from leaving the combine early without telling anyone. Thats all I know about him though so I am not saying one way or the other with the two. Just wondering what Bengals fans thought.

gladdenguy
04-26-2009, 05:20 PM

I love Andre Smith. I love Rey Rey. I love each draft pick through Morgan Trent.
The best Bengals draft I have witnessed. Hopefully this will play out in the future.
I can't wait to see the draft grades. I anticipate nothing less than an A-.

Jumpy
04-26-2009, 07:00 PM
I love Andre Smith. I love Rey Rey. I love each draft pick through Morgan Trent.
The best Bengals draft I have witnessed. Hopefully this will play out in the future.
I can't wait to see the draft grades. I anticipate nothing less than an A-.

Completely agree. They addressed their biggest needs with great college players at OT and C, got two defensive playmakers in Maoaluga and Johnson and got another weapon for Carson in a true pass catching, athletic TE in Coffman. After that, it was all gravy.

Even though I don't normally approve of drafting kickers or punters, I really like the Huber pick. He was a luxury after the great picks in the first 4 rounds and wouldn't have gone undrafted. The kid can certainly boom the ball.

THRILLHOUSE
04-26-2009, 07:30 PM

I was happy with either. I probably would have picked Monroe, but I certainly can't be upset with Smith. I don't care that much about his recent mistakes at the combine and pro day. He was a beast at Alabama, thats all I really cared about.

xu drew
04-26-2009, 07:42 PM
John Clayton agrees it was a good draft for the Bengals:

9. What's going on with the Bengals? Cincinnati's Day 2 drafting was as solid as its Day 1 selections. There were no reaches, no controversies and even a nice story. The Bengals earned good grades for first-day selections Andre Smith and Rey Maualuga. On the second day, they left themselves without much criticism after taking defensive end Michael Johnson, tight end Chase Coffman and center Jonathan Luigs, who might start. The good story was taking University of Cincinnati punter Kevin Huber, who learned of the selection while golfing. The secret to their success was the Senior Bowl; the Bengals coached four of their draft choices in that game.

wkrq59
04-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Some of you who are more knowledgeable than I on the NFL and draft might know this. Wasn't the center they drafted one of the top three or four rated centers in the draft? I thought he was maybe the third or fourth mentioned after the Woods kid from Louisville via Elder?
I have no fault with Andre Smith, who was rated the No. 1 tackle in the draft until his uncle took money from an agent and then tried to convince Andre to sign with agent and cost him a bowl game. I also think he was rated lower by ESPN because he didn't go through the dog and pony show per advice of his former agent. In any event, there has to be a reason why the Monroe guy didn't go until later after the Bengals took Andre.
And I believe Maulauga was an absolute steal in the second round.
But the real proof will come when they sign and then perform in camp and the preseason.:D:D

D-West & PO-Z
04-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Some of you who are more knowledgeable than I on the NFL and draft might know this. Wasn't the center they drafted one of the top three or four rated centers in the draft? I thought he was maybe the third or fourth mentioned after the Woods kid from Louisville via Elder?
I have no fault with Andre Smith, who was rated the No. 1 tackle in the draft until his uncle took money from an agent and then tried to convince Andre to sign with agent and cost him a bowl game. I also think he was rated lower by ESPN because he didn't go through the dog and pony show per advice of his former agent. In any event, there has to be a reason why the Monroe guy didn't go until later after the Bengals took Andre.
But the real proof will come when they sign and then perform in camp and the preseason.:D:D

He went two picks later. The Raiders were in between the Bengals and the Jags(who took Monroe) and they needed a WR, so thats the reason. However I am not saying one was better than the other. I was just wondering because there were some "issues" surrounding the guy and the Bengals seem to have enough guys with "issues" on their team. The Bengals had what seems to be a fantastic draft though.

sylvester
04-26-2009, 10:21 PM
I really, REALLY don't want Floppy Tits Smith on the Bengals.

http://brahsome.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/andre-smith.jpg

That hurts the eyes. Enjoy Floppy Tits Smith

THRILLHOUSE
04-26-2009, 10:22 PM

Yes. Just two seasons ago Luigs was the best center in the country and won the SEC lineman of the year award (over Andre Smith). I agree with you about Smith. Yeah he made a couple of mistakes re: the combine and pro day, but I have heard he is a good guy.

bobbiemcgee
04-26-2009, 10:56 PM
http://brahsome.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/andre-smith.jpg

That hurts the eyes. Enjoy Floppy Tits Smith

He more stacked then most of XUGLOW's avatars

XUglow
04-27-2009, 08:33 AM
He more stacked then most of XUGLOW's avatars

I don't think this is correct, but I could be wrong. I will do some research and get back with you later.