PDA

View Full Version : Mack in Ga.

JTG
04-22-2009, 08:06 AM
Just read in USATODAY, that Georgia released 6'11" center Daniel Miller from his letter of intent due to Ga. hiring a new coach. Don't have any info. on this kid, but could Mack have been taking a shot at him?

jamal4xu
04-22-2009, 08:14 AM
Saw the same thing in ESPN today. Was Mack in GA? Anyone know if what the kid is rated and which AAU team he played on?

JTG
04-22-2009, 08:18 AM
Mack said on a radio interview Monday that he was headed to Ga. on a recruiting trip.

powerofX
04-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Saw the same thing in ESPN today. Was Mack in GA? Anyone know if what the kid is rated and which AAU team he played on?

Is JTG saying Mack is in GA or should go? Rivals basically says we've never looked at the kid before....offers from Minnesota, GTech, GA, and a few mids.

http://danielmillerbball.com/home.htm

powerofX
04-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Mack said on a radio interview Monday that he was headed to Ga. on a recruiting trip.

thanks for the clarification....

jamal4xu
04-22-2009, 08:24 AM
If he was a GA recruit he is likely familiar with how we like to beat up on the SEC (GA, LSU, etc)

boozehound
04-22-2009, 08:30 AM
He may not really have been on the radar before because we were short scholarships and already had Parrom locked up. Even if he isn't great, a good 6'11 guy would be decent pickup for 2009.

muskienick
04-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Here's some info on his year just completed (State Tourney MVP; Nominee for McD's AA)

http://danielmillerbball.com/games.htm

XUglow
04-22-2009, 08:37 AM
If he was a Felton recruit, I am not sure if he is capable of walking and chewing gum. Chances are good that he can block a shot and quickly turn that into a karate chop that starts at the top of the head and ends somewhere around the waist. When people talked about Georgia being "athletic", it meant that the Dawgs didn't get cheated on any of their fouls.

Woodburn
04-22-2009, 08:46 AM
If he was a Felton recruit, I am not sure if he is capable of walking and chewing gum. Chances are good that he can block a shot and quickly turn that into a karate chop that starts at the top of the head and ends somewhere around the waist. When people talked about Georgia being "athletic", it meant that the Dawgs didn't get cheated on any of their fouls.

Well, according to his website he's got a 3.6 GPA and is also a Merit Scholar. No joke. So, maybe it's not a great idea to speculate that an 18 year old kid is dumb solely because of a coach that recruited him. Sorry Glow - just sayin'.

Muskie
04-22-2009, 08:47 AM
Mack was in Indiana with Steele earlier in the week.

Xman95
04-22-2009, 08:48 AM
I checked that web page with his stats. Can any high school big men shoot free throws well? Of course being around 65% could easily translate to 75% if he's committed to improving it.

Assuming he's good, he would be a nice addition to the bigs and would help ease the pain of an injury or a defection to the NBA. Obviously I wouldn't expect too much from a freshman big man, but the depth would be very nice. Not to mention it gives us another big with experience for the following year (as of now only Frease and McLean would be post guys with experience).

boozehound
04-22-2009, 08:49 AM
I guess he is hitting the recruiting trail hard. Good. We need PF's.

muskee2000
04-22-2009, 08:57 AM
Per speculation on MM, could the reason Mack was in GA to talk to 2010 recruit Donte Williams which rivals lists as Xavier having interest in? Though I like the possibility of getting someone who plays PF / C this season to acclimate to the system and give productive minutes next season and some this one.

On further review, it could be a number of folks based on Scout.com. http://xavier.scout.com/a.z?s=442&p=9&cfg=bb&c=4&yr=2010

Olsingledigit
04-22-2009, 08:59 AM
Could Daniel be our "Miller" replacement?

Jumpy
04-22-2009, 09:11 AM
Well, according to his website he's got a 3.6 GPA and is also a Merit Scholar. No joke. So, maybe it's not a great idea to speculate that an 18 year old kid is dumb solely because of a coach that recruited him. Sorry Glow - just sayin'.

I'm not the greatest at reading comprehension, but I didn't see Glow insulting the kid's intelligence anywhere in his post. He was questioning whether the kid had any athletic ability.

Titanxman04
04-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Not to hijack this thread, but Jumpy, your avatar kind of freaks me out.

Hopefully Mack is making multiple stops down in Georgia? Killing a few birds with one stone, if you will?

xu2013
04-22-2009, 09:27 AM
http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=83445

Here is Miller's profile on rivals. Three star recruit offered by UGA, GT, Davidson, and was recruited by Illinois.

MHettel
04-22-2009, 09:57 AM
Looks like a player to me. And he's available...

dto
04-22-2009, 10:01 AM
I'm going to throw a GA name out there that has been tossed around several times, and now with Parrom possibly out of the picture... Ari Stewart... I know he signed a LOI with Wake, but there may still be a possibility

Cheesehead
04-22-2009, 10:08 AM
If they get Miller, he almost looks like he would need to red shirt. The guy has no muscle mass whatsoever. He may need a year to put on 25-30 pounds. Did you see the pics of him?

XUglow
04-22-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm not the greatest at reading comprehension, but I didn't see Glow insulting the kid's intelligence anywhere in his post. He was questioning whether the kid had any athletic ability.

Thanks. I never mentioned the kid's intelligence. I never thought about it.

Felton's big men never were very agile or very skilled offensively. I don't think that many, if any of them, could have played at another SEC school. This kid may be very good, but I certainly don't trust Dennis Felton's judgment when it comes to big-man talent.

MHettel
04-22-2009, 10:53 AM
I dont think we actually need Miller next year. let him redshirt. I think the team is loaded next year, especially if Brown comes back.

If we lose Parrom, I think it's the least impactful scenario compared to ther years where recruits may have been penciled into different roles.

Berger
04-22-2009, 10:59 AM
The way it looks to me, this guy definitely could be for real. He is an ESPNU 100 recruit.

This could be huge if mack attack can land him. It would for sure bring depth to the team after a couple years.

Woodburn
04-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Thanks. I never mentioned the kid's intelligence. .

Glow - sorry. I misinterpreted "...I am not sure if he is capable of walking and chewing gum." to mean he was dumb. I get it that you meant uncoordinated. My bad...:)

Xman95
04-22-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm going to throw a GA name out there that has been tossed around several times, and now with Parrom possibly out of the picture... Ari Stewart... I know he signed a LOI with Wake, but there may still be a possibility

Unless he gets released from the LOI, Mack should have nothing to do with the kid. While I have started to get away from thinking we have to always play nice, I still don't want us breaking rules. If there's a way around them, great. Just don't break them!

bobbiemcgee
04-22-2009, 11:17 AM
Hope Mack continues down to Fl and locks up Alex Tyus

xuphan
04-22-2009, 11:37 AM
I believe that Mack was in Ga to meet with Jelan Kendrick.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=73308

Xman95
04-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Well, I'm guessing he wasn't in GA to work on Miller. And, if he was, he wasn't very successful because Miller reportedly said he's now going to Georgia Tech.

bobbiemcgee
04-22-2009, 09:06 PM
I believe that Mack was in Ga to meet with Jelan Kendrick.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=73308

it said the kid had 29 offers!!

AviatorX
04-22-2009, 09:08 PM
More likely that its Donte Williams.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=73314

wkrq59
04-22-2009, 11:43 PM
Glow, tried to rep you for the avatar but I'm not allowed at this time. Damn, man, where the hell do you find those fine women? If you tell me you know each and every one of them personally, I'm starting a fund for your statue at Xavier. Oh, and a chance to meet you casually by accident should be a wonderful recruiting aid once the statue is built.

LutherRackleyRulez
04-23-2009, 07:54 AM
Per Jeff Goodman/Fox Sports.....

Miller to Georgia Tech........

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/goodmanonfox/2009/04/22/DANIEL_MILLER_SIGNS_WITH_GEORGIA_TECH

XUglow
04-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Glow, tried to rep you for the avatar but I'm not allowed at this time. Damn, man, where the hell do you find those fine women? If you tell me you know each and every one of them personally, I'm starting a fund for your statue at Xavier. Oh, and a chance to meet you casually by accident should be a wonderful recruiting aid once the statue is built.

Q, she's just some gal that wants a modeling gig. It is doubtful that I will use her because of her current location.

http://www.extremeglow.com/Merchant4/graphics/00000001/avi58.jpg

ballyhoohoo
04-23-2009, 09:19 AM
I can think of a location for her...............

Kahns Krazy
04-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Unless he gets released from the LOI, Mack should have nothing to do with the kid. While I have started to get away from thinking we have to always play nice, I still don't want us breaking rules. If there's a way around them, great. Just don't break them!

Especially with a team that just committed to a 10-year home and home. That would be uncool.

Q, she's just some gal that wants a modeling gig. It is doubtful that I will use her because of her current location.

http://www.extremeglow.com/Merchant4/graphics/00000001/avi58.jpg

DC's Trunk?

Xman95
04-23-2009, 12:03 PM
DC's Trunk?

First, that would be the hottest hooker I have ever seen. All her teeth, no track marks...

Second, that would be the hottest dead woman I have ever seen.

DC Muskie
04-23-2009, 12:29 PM
Wow. She's nice.

Xinger
04-29-2009, 11:12 PM
.....nice teeth!