PDA

View Full Version : Site Updates Coming Part II

Muskie
04-21-2009, 09:52 AM
I'll be working on the site this weekend (you have to do something during the draft). Any ideas, suggestions, comments?

I'll be updating the recruiting forum as i discussed in there. I'll be putting Mack's coaching staff together, working out the DB issues with last year's schedule, updating some of the drop-downs, fixing the depth chart, eligibility, and other tabs.

dc_x
04-21-2009, 10:07 AM
In addition to a depth chart, how about adding a scholarship table? Here is an example from the GTown board - http://hoyatalk2.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=recruit&action=display&thread=17320&page=1#262983

It's a useful tool and will prevent all the repetitive discussion about how many open scholarships we have each year.

xuab
04-21-2009, 10:09 AM
It's a useful tool and will prevent all the repetitive discussion about how many open scholarships we have each year.

Repetitive discussions on here? Oh, that reminds me. Does anyone know why Walsh didn't play towards the end of the year?

Muskie
04-21-2009, 10:31 AM
In addition to a depth chart, how about adding a scholarship table? Here is an example from the GTown board - http://hoyatalk2.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=recruit&action=display&thread=17320&page=1#262983

Yes.. that's what the eligibility chart will look like (something similar).

boozehound
04-21-2009, 12:10 PM
You are doing a great job with this site Muskie. Keep it up. I would rep you but it won't let me.

Snipe
04-21-2009, 05:14 PM
I would rep him for you but I am a selfish asshat that is only in it for my own personal gain.

stxxu
04-21-2009, 05:20 PM
Does anyone know why Walsh didn't play towards the end of the year?

He and A-Tay don't like to play zone. Try to keep up.

sirthought
04-21-2009, 06:06 PM
I still think a page with links to XU-related news articles would be a nice feature.
The links would be posted by mods.

Also, it would be nice on the schedule/results page if a column was added that stated if the game was going to be on TV/radio. I know that info comes in pretty late, but it would be nice to have a convenient place to look for that info since I usually come here before I go to a TV listings site or Goxavier.com.

MuskieDadof4ormore 2
04-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Repetitive discussions on here? Oh, that reminds me. Does anyone know why Walsh didn't play towards the end of the year?

I don't think that SM ever learned the end of the alphabet.

MADXSTER
04-21-2009, 06:20 PM
This may be alot to ask for but on the home page where it reads NCAA Hoops, it would be nice if it listed all of the OOC teams message boards for the upcoming year.

XURunner85
04-21-2009, 07:18 PM
I think a tab that has the links to WLW700 and 55KRC for listening to games also any link that would help out of towners watch games on the internet....this way it illiminates the people asking on the live chat or starting new threads.....

Muskie
04-21-2009, 07:47 PM
This may be alot to ask for but on the home page where it reads NCAA Hoops, it would be nice if it listed all of the OOC teams message boards for the upcoming year.

I can try that. No promises though.

Muskie
04-21-2009, 07:49 PM
I still think a page with links to XU-related news articles would be a nice feature.
The links would be posted by mods.

Also, it would be nice on the schedule/results page if a column was added that stated if the game was going to be on TV/radio. I know that info comes in pretty late, but it would be nice to have a convenient place to look for that info since I usually come here before I go to a TV listings site or Goxavier.com.

I think this can be arranged... I'll have to mess with the table.

Muskie
04-21-2009, 07:51 PM
I think a tab that has the links to WLW700 and 55KRC for listening to games also any link that would help out of towners watch games on the internet....this way it illiminates the people asking on the live chat or starting new threads.....

A tab at the top of the page?

MADXSTER
04-22-2009, 02:24 PM
A pull down menu featuring Free Beer coupons at Dana's would be cool and popular.

Kahns Krazy
04-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Some sort of swap board where members could post phone numbers of their promiscuous female siblings would be a plus.

BBC 08
04-22-2009, 03:11 PM
How about a section dedicated to only Miss Muskie and Meghan?

Jesuit4Life
04-23-2009, 12:30 AM

I like this idea if it's do-able, Muskie. And building off of this a little, how about for the Schedule/Results box on the right-hand side, for each OOC opponent you link to the Men's Basketball page on their respective athletic websites? That is, if it's not too much trouble.

Thanks for all your hard work maintaining this site.

kyxu
04-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Will there be a "Johnny Wolf Tracker" to monitor how many times he is mentioned in a day, as well as his stats at UNCW?

Muskie
04-23-2009, 10:26 AM
I like this idea if it's do-able, Muskie. And building off of this a little, how about for the Schedule/Results box on the right-hand side, for each OOC opponent you link to the Men's Basketball page on their respective athletic websites? That is, if it's not too much trouble.

Thanks for all your hard work maintaining this site.

I can link to their page on the schedule itself.

For instance I can make it so you click on George Washington in the schedule and it would pull up the GW men's basketball page.

XURunner85
04-23-2009, 01:28 PM
A tab at the top of the page?

Yes at the top or maybe even under the Quick Links that might work too....

Jesuit4Life
04-23-2009, 11:25 PM
I can link to their page on the schedule itself.

For instance I can make it so you click on George Washington in the schedule and it would pull up the GW men's basketball page.

That's EXACTLY what I meant. Sorry if I wasn't too clear. Thanks!

Snipe
04-24-2009, 12:16 AM
I would like my name and title more prominently displayed so it is clear that I am above all others.

I want the rank and file to know that I am rank and they are file.

When I worked for Pomeroy I remember the CEO doing away with some title promotions and nameplates and saying "Look, I am the Chief, and the rest of you are Indians". I thought that was classic though I don't quite know why. The man did have a good ego to carry about. I was glad I wasn't engaged at the time because maybe the Chief had a right to take my woman or deflower her on my wedding night.

I have always thought that was funny. He didn't want to learn any new titles. He was the fucking Chief. You are the fucking Indian. That was it to him and that is the way he explained it to you. Classic in a way. I want that for me. Screw the rest of you.

Muskie, get to work on making my name and title the biggest thing since f'in sliced bread. I am thinking big with this. We could go global with the Snipe brand. I will drop you an email with some projections and a powerpoint presentation. If the money is right I think we could get The General to come on board. Bob and I go way back to the Army days.

wkrq59
04-24-2009, 02:37 AM
My dad always said when job and improvement lists like these were presented to him, "Yeah, and stick a broom up my A$$ so I can sweep the floor on my way out."
Seriously, keep up the wonderful work, Muskie et all moderators and admins. This a fun site and we don't (Huh?) take ourselves too seriously or ??:D:D

Tardy Turtle
04-24-2009, 08:09 AM
Muskie: I'd like to see a Politico or Debate forum so one wandering "Out On The Mall" doesn't step in a turd of a thread like the Miss CA one currently raging there.

Muskie
04-25-2009, 02:30 PM
SO far I've been at work all day working on Trial crap.

XU05and07
04-25-2009, 04:32 PM
SO far I've been at work all day working on Trial crap.

Priorities.....

GuyFawkes38
04-25-2009, 04:43 PM
I think there should be a permenant "Ask GuyFawkes" thread.

I talk to a lot of people who only go to XHoops to see my take on various subjects.

Masterofreality
04-25-2009, 06:51 PM
I would like my name and title more prominently displayed so it is clear that I am above all others.

I want the rank and file to know that I am rank and they are file.

Muskie, get to work on making my name and title the biggest thing since f'in sliced bread. I am thinking big with this. We could go global with the Snipe brand.

Sorry, only one website per customer per planet.

Snipe's House (http://www.voy.com/190807/)

Muskie
04-26-2009, 10:16 AM
Priorities.....

I know I know :)

Muskie
04-27-2009, 08:08 AM
I'll be doing some updates this week. I got absolutely nothing done this weekend. Sorry.

Kahns Krazy
04-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Where the links are to " Home | Discussion Forums | Live Chat ", can you add in one for the groups? I often forget there are groups here.

American X
04-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Loyalty Tests

I.Q. Filters

Live Practice Web-Cam

Truth Commission

Muskie
04-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Where the links are to " Home | Discussion Forums | Live Chat ", can you add in one for the groups? I often forget there are groups here.
Great Idea.

Kahns Krazy
04-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Great Idea.

Thanks.
http://blindsquirrelproduction.com/blindsquirrel.jpg

Muskie
05-03-2009, 08:02 PM
I updated the recruiting forums tonight.

Jumpy
05-29-2009, 09:36 AM
HALP! I suddenly find myself stripped of the ability to neg. rep posters. I've never used it, but still, I want my ability to anonymously voice my displeasure with a differing viewpoint from my own in a passive-aggressive fashion.

blobfan
05-29-2009, 12:52 PM
HALP! I suddenly find myself stripped of the ability to neg. rep posters. I've never used it, but still, I want my ability to anonymously voice my displeasure with a differing viewpoint from my own in a passive-aggressive fashion.

Did you also notice some people have opted not to allow reps?

Muskie
05-29-2009, 01:09 PM
I updated the reps system. Still working out some of the kinks. Yes. People now have the ability to opt out of the rep arms race.

XU05and07
05-29-2009, 01:13 PM
I updated the reps system. Still working out some of the kinks. Yes. People now have the ability to opt out of the rep arms race.

You have created your own Switzerland

Jumpy
05-29-2009, 05:16 PM
As a proud member of the Rep Whores, you can guaran-damn-tee that I will never opt out of receiving reps. That's silliness.

Snipe
05-30-2009, 10:57 AM
The neg reps are gone. That bites.

Muskie
05-30-2009, 11:43 AM
The neg reps are gone. That bites.

Working on it as we speak.

Xman95
05-30-2009, 12:42 PM
As a proud member of the Rep Whores, you can guaran-damn-tee that I will never opt out of receiving reps. That's silliness.

It's good to be a whore!