PDA

View Full Version : We should be ok... I think

sirthought
04-16-2009, 04:50 PM
OK so Parrom might back out. Not saying he will, but he might. And our recruits for 2010 are looking elsewhere right now. It seems scary that we might not have any recruits coming on board at the beginning of next season. But I think the team should still be in good enough shape for the new coaching staff to regain some ground and land some good players for 2010. Nobody wants to see those recruits go, but it could be a lot worse.

I'm feeling good about this because I think DBrown will be back, which will provide a lot of stability. Don't worry about my depth order, but consider our line up options.

2009-2010
PG Holloway, Lyons, Crawford
SG Crawford, Jackson, Redford
SF Jackson, Walsh, Brown
PF Brown, McLean, Taylor
C Love, Frease

With Brown and Love graduating, we'll really need McLean, Taylor, and Frease to improve for 2010-2011 but I think Mack will still have time to bring in someone to develop, should he not land a four or five star stud that can play right away. A center and power forward are critical, but I'm guessing Mack already has a bead on all the potential gets for the upcoming classes.

Once a talented high schooler sees this awesome team next year and knows there's a spot available I'm sure we'll be getting some good looks. :cool:

Xman95
04-16-2009, 05:23 PM
2009-2010
PG Holloway, Lyons, Crawford
SG Crawford, Jackson, Redford
SF Jackson, Walsh, Brown
PF Brown, McLean, Taylor
C Love, Frease

I agree that Parrom, while it would be great to have him, is not the make or break piece for next season. We'll should be two-deep at every position. So my concern isn't totally whether Parrom is here or not.

My concern is that we might not have everyone else back. I really think Frease will be here. But I'm not quite as comfortable when it comes to Redford and Walsh. And we'll have to wait and see with D. Brown.

Now, if we do have everyone back, I won't be too concerned if we miss out on Parrom. But we would definitely have to land some studs for the following season if we want to stay on our current path. I would be ok with 'spoon, Payne and a random 4-star thrown in!:)

AviatorX
04-16-2009, 05:24 PM
I agree that Parrom, while it would be great to have him, is not the make or break piece for next season. We'll should be two-deep at every position. So my concern isn't totally whether Parrom is here or not.

My concern is that we might not have everyone else back. I really think Frease will be here. But I'm not quite as comfortable when it comes to Redford and Walsh. And we'll have to wait and see with D. Brown.

Now, if we do have everyone back, I won't be too concerned if we miss out on Parrom. But we would definitely have to land some studs for the following season if we want to stay on our current path. I would be ok with 'spoon, Payne and a random 4-star thrown in!:)

Wishful thinking on Payne, IMO.

Cincy Muskie
04-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Nice post sirthought. And I would agree chances of landing Adreian Payne are going to be tough. Please keep in mind we are not sure as of now who the other two assistants will be. I think the hires are critical obviously when it comes to recruiting talent. IF we end up looking for help at small forward talent I think Allen Payne out of Winton Woods is worth a nice long look in 2010. Also for this spring let's check out the 'waiver wire' and see who is out there as far as D1 transfers. That could bridge a gap for us if the right guy is out there. You all know the history we have had going that route. I know Jeff Goodman on Foxsports is keeping tab on where all the D1 transfers are leaving and where there going.

sirthought
04-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Well, that's mighty wishful thinking, Xman95, in regards to 'Spoon, Payne, and a random four star recruit.

But I'm counting on only having two guys leave after next year, so my guess is we won't have that many scholarships. If we do, then it'll probably be because someone in the backcourt isn't developing well enough.

We'll really need to focus in on big men that can backup Frease and McLean.

BBC 08
04-16-2009, 07:18 PM
I think Redford and Walsh will stay and the only reason I think that is because they were at the introductory press conference for Mack.

Xman95
04-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Well, that's mighty wishful thinking, Xman95, in regards to 'Spoon, Payne, and a random four star recruit.

But I'm counting on only having two guys leave after next year, so my guess is we won't have that many scholarships. If we do, then it'll probably be because someone in the backcourt isn't developing well enough.

We'll really need to focus in on big men that can backup Frease and McLean.

I agree. I'm not normally a "smilies" user, but I had to drop one in on that post because I realize it's pretty much a dream that we would land those guys. Not that it isn't possible, but the coaching change is an issue and I think Payne will wind up at Dayton anyway (poor kid).

I think Redford and Walsh will stay and the only reason I think that is because they were at the introductory press conference for Mack.

That's what I'm thinking/hoping. But there's a chance that they went just to support a guy they like and consider a friend. So, while the chances look good, it's by no means a guarantee.

Stonebreaker
04-16-2009, 07:57 PM
X will be fine. It's a lineup most teams would kill for.

X-man
04-17-2009, 08:34 AM
The Muskies are loaded next year whether we add players or not. But we do need to reload in the forward position to be good past next season. After next season, we're down to McLean and Walsh plus Frease across the front. We're loaded at the guard spot but we need bodies up front. That's why Parrom is so important next season so he has a year under his belt before 2010.

boozehound
04-20-2009, 08:09 AM
I am much, much more worried about the PF position than the SF. If we lose Brown to the NBA all we have is McClean and Taylor. McClean made major progress at the end of last year but I'm not sure that I want him to have to be the starting PF and play 30+ minutes per game because his backup is Andrew Taylor.

At best we need to get a PF this year so that he can learn the system and be ready to play next year.

Maybe a transfer will come our way, but if it doesn't we could have issues at PF next year.

xunorm
04-20-2009, 09:07 AM
I can honestly see us getting a JUCO big coming in for the next couple years to add depth and experience. It would be a fall back in case DBrown does go, but it would also be a safe play for the 2010 season.

Xavier will be fine no matter what, they have much depth at the guard spot, and a pretty good big in Love, and a athletic freak in McLean. It should be interesting to see how the staff pieces the rest of the team together.